Nov 12, 2012

Home for the Holidays



I've got a big week ahead of me. I’m currently in Venice until Thursday, then it’s back to Prato and on Saturday I depart for the U.S of A! Since I work for an American company and don’t study in Italy, my stay here is limited to a period of three months at a time, which means a few trips back to the States each year. While there are pros and cons, the most wonderful pro is that I get to see my family and friends at home for a significant amount of time throughout the year, a great thing for an admitted homebody. Just as I did in July, I've compiled a list of things I’m looking forward to back in Amurika:

  • Corey’s birthday is in a few short weeks and several of our close friends are reuniting to celebrate at Mohegan Sun. Hotel pampering, girls’ night out, plenty of mang time – I can’t wait!
  • Adventuring to Boston and New York (it’s arguably my favorite time of the year in the city)
  • Exploring recently discovered vintage jewelry shops
  • Checking out the nearby Whole Foods that will hopefully be newly opened before my trip is over
  • Thanksgiving (duh!) – the best holiday, in my opinion
  • Spending time at my favorite Starbucks and getting (fun) work done. I don’t know what it is, but that place gets me motivated
  • Eating at Toro...because obviously, sushi is always a priority
  • Playing with this nugget (below) who was a surprise waiting for my siblings and me when we arrived home for Thanksgiving last year 

Do you go home for the holidays??  What do you look forward to at this time of year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! We love hearing your thoughts!!