Feb 7, 2013

Let Them Eat Cookies

You know that moment when you glance over at your fruit bowl, and notice that the bananas that you purchased just the other day, are already so brown that they don't really look like bananas anymore? If you're anything like me, once those dreaded brown speckles begin to show up on my bananas, I cannot eat them. I like my bananas on the green side, and not at all mushy. 

So what to do with those dreaded nanners? Well, you could freeze them (perfect for smoothies!!) or donate them to your compost pile (go green!!) or you can bake with them! And if you don't feel like waiting around your oven for 40 minutes for a banana bread to finish baking, then I have the recipe for you.

Oh, and they are SUPER healthy. And delicious. I promise. 







I used this recipe and at the last minute added in a handful of shredded coconut, which turned out to be an excellent decision. 




The result? A chewy, dense, perfectly sweet, filling cookie - with NO added sugar!! Finally, you can have cookies for breakfast and not feel guilty about it!



What are your thoughts on "healthy cookies?" Would you give these ones a try?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! We love hearing your thoughts!!