Aug 8, 2012

Brownie Enlightenment


My favorite dessert growing up was easily brownies. It didn’t matter if they were from a box or made from scratch or if they were made for someone else and the only part I got to eat was the remaining batter on the spatula. Side note: I totally wasn’t actually allowed to eat it (what a party pooper salmonella is), but that’s beside the point.

In the US, you can find brownies at any bake sale or on any dessert menu. In Italy, it’s a different story. As in, they have no clue what brownies are and you will likely be unsuccessful in finding an Italian who’s ever eaten one. Same goes for cupcakes (what?! I just blew your mind), but that’s another issue altogether.

So what’s a girl to do when she just wants to indulge in her favorite childhood treat in a country where they are basically non-existent? Challenge accepted. I went exploring and found this recipe, which just happens to include an entire list of ingredients that I can effortlessly obtain here! That’s a huge deal if you didn't know.







The result: a delicious treat with which to share and enlighten those less fortunate as to not have grown up on brownies (though obviously I don’t feel too bad for them because these Italians have really got their sweets down to a science).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! We love hearing your thoughts!!