Dec 6, 2012

Juice Cleanses

Cleanse /klenz/ : Rid (a person, place, or thing) of something seen as unpleasant, unwanted, or defiling.


Have you guys heard of these juice cleanses? Is it just me, or are they really intriguing to everyone else? I don't know about all y'all but I would say that yes, that slice of pie is definitely unwanted around my hips. Or those three pounds of stuffing I shoved in my pie-hole (pun!!) are pretty unpleasant now that they are surfacing in places that I didn't think possible. 



It's around this time of year that I begin to feel a bit "thick." Too many little splurges turn into a couple pounds which turns me into a lethargic, lazy, couch potato. I decided to nip the vicious cycle in the bud this year. 

There are lots of pre-designed cleanses out there for you to try. Some seem more intense to me - ahem like the master cleanse which is just lemon juice, maple syrup, cayenne pepper, and water for like....10 DAYS?! Sooo not appealing to me. Also - how could that be safe?

But, thanks to Melissa over at CupcakesOMG I began reading about the BluePrint cleanse. This cleanse made much more sense to me, as a new cleanser. There are three different levels to choose from, and you can also choose how many days you want to cleanse for. The juices contain real fruits and veggies (one even has cashews in it!) so you won't be starving while on it. When doing the beginner cleanse, you are taking in over 1,000 calories per day, as well as a good amount of fat and carbs. 



I'm hoping that by doing the BluePrint cleanse, it will act like a "reset" button. Post-cleanse I want to feel lighter, more energetic, and smaller. I'm also hoping that the cleanse will change my cravings from wintery, heavy, rich foods to only craving fruits and veggies!

Have any of you completed a juice cleanse? Tell me about it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! We love hearing your thoughts!!